The aim of this app is to organize, extend and speed up the clash test process after performing Autodesk® Navisworks® Clash test. It boosts the process and action after running the Clash test which includes the following actions; 'Find and Assign to trade', 'Grouping', 'Rename Clash', 'Rename ViewPoints', 'Merging and Record Time'. The complete plugin has been designed to keep the process and actions usually performed by users to scale up the Clash Test. The plugin is an integrated kit of actions: Assigned to, Grouping, Rename Clash, Rename Viewpoints, Merging and Recording. This is the default process after running Clash tests regardless of the project you are working. iFieldSmart ClashViewPointManager picks up the most and default action and put them in flow which is best to speed up the process.
1) Assign To: This option allows you to assign clashes to respective Test Name by selecting Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Sprinkler trade type.
2) Grouping: It is a feature that facilitates the grouping of elements and associated clashes for a better view and understanding, on the basis of common elements.
3) Rename Clash: Allows users to define names for the clashes provisioning better understanding of a clash report, hence the clash report becomes more meaningful & easy to understand. You just need to fill in a few fields like Project Name, Level Name and it will Rename the clashes for you.
4) Rename ViewPoints: Allows you to give user defined names to the viewpoints for better understanding. The viewpoints will be more meaningful and easy to understand. You just need to fill in a few fields like Project Abbreviation, Level Name and it will Rename viewpoints for you.
5) Merging: Merging tab allows you to merge viewpoints together i.e. Dim and Hide. This gives you a better understanding of the clash and the problems associated with it.
6) Record Time: Record Time is an extended feature, keeping collaboration in mind and interaction with different engineers. Recording allows you to record the brainstorming & discuss the clashes to use the information for resolving the problem. This will greatly help productivity if you are working with different engineers.
You can find the Plugin in Autodesk Navisworks"Tool Add-ins -> ClashViewPointManager” To use this plugin, you will mustlogin to Autodesk accountto use the plugin.
Get a Free Trial (30 days trial) Or To buy To visit "Autodesk App Store"
General Usage Instructions:
Steps 01: Start Autodesk Navisworks Software, login to Autodesk account to use the plugin and open project File in Navisworks Manage.
Steps 02: After opening the project file, the user need to create Clash Test.
Steps 03: Start Plugin by selecting option from tab "Tool Add-ins -> ClashViewPointManager”.
Steps 04: In AssignTo action the user need to select Test Name from the list and Select Trade.
Steps 05: After Select, it asks for “AssignTo”.
Steps 06: After processing of “AssignTo“ plug-in assigns all clashes of selected test to selected trade.
Steps 07: In Grouping action the user need to select Test Name from the list.
Steps 08: After Select, it asks for “Grouping”.
Steps 09: After processing of “Grouping“ the plug-in generates groups based on common elements in clashes of selected test.
Steps 10: In Rename Clash action the user need to select Test Name from the list, enter the level name and due date.
Steps 11: After Select, it asks for “Rename”.
Steps 12: After processing of “Rename“ plug-in, change all clashes' names of selected test in an understandable format.
Steps 13: In Rename ViewPoints action the user need to enter Project Abbreviation and level name.
Steps 14: After Select, it asks for “Rename”.
Steps 15: After processing of “Rename“ plug-in, change all ViewPoints' names in an understandable format.
Steps 16: In Merge action the user need to create two ViewPoint Folders for one specific Clash Test, ViewPoint one is using Dim option and other is Hide option.
Steps 17: After that select these two ViewPoint Folders Name from the list.
Steps 18: After Select, it asks for “Merge”.
Steps 19: After processing of “Merge“ plug-in, merge the two selected ViewPoints together.
Steps 20: In RecordTime action the user need to ask for Start.
Steps 21: After that select one by one the ViewPoints for discussion.
Steps 22: After discussion, it asks for "Stop".
Steps 23: After processing of “Stop“ plug-in, show click event time of each ViewPoint and save in XML format.
Installation / Uninstallation
The installer that ran when you downloaded this app/plug-in from Autodesk App Store has already installed the app/plug-in. You may need to restart Autodesk Product to activate the plug-in. To uninstall this plug-in, you can run the installer again, or click Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features (Windows 7/8/8.1/10) and uninstall as you would any other application from your system.